1995 Trooper S--missing items

I recently purchased a 1995 Trooper S. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I mean granted I use more gas verus my old "bessie" 1988 Honda Accord. Although, the truck itself is in excellent condition, there were a few things missing when I purchased it. The cargo cover was missing, my boyfriend purchased one for me, for valentines day!!! I was happier than a pig in sh*t!!! There was some kind of malfunction with the 12 CD changer and it was not working. Amazingly, I was able to find another just like it for 80 bucks and IT PLAYS!!!

Anyway, I am on a mission now, I need the tire jack. I know I could pick up a bottle jack and it would work fine, but I would seriously love to have the OME jack. I have the attachments, just not the jack :( Next quest, is the wheel covers/caps and the keyless remote. I have one short and one tall of the covers just not the "isuzu" caps. As far as the remote, the seller plainly did not have one.

I know some may think I am being anal about it....But the truck has been serviced religiously and the condition is extraordinary, so I just see the missing items as little imperfections, I can fix. If anyone should have a lead on how I can get any of these items please reply!!!

Thanks! Pardon my excitement and lust!!! Oh did I mention how much I love my trooper!!!!

Reply to
deannagrady

Probably a bit late on a reply...my news server burped and decided for a split second that alt.autos.isuzu didn't exist any more... Anyway, got it all figured out again now.

For some of your parts (esp the jack) have you checked with local junkyards? Some parts like that I would guess are the same from 1992 to 2002. Wheel covers probably varied some...

How many miles on your Trooper? We've got two of the beasts...a 94 we bought used a few years ago that is up to 128k now, and a 2002 we bought new (last one off the lot) in April of 2003. It just turned 16k last weekend. My wife drives the 94 and my regular driver is a 92 Caravan with 177k on it...you should have heard the salesman fussing when we bought the new Trooper...of course they think everyone should be driving new vehicles. :-)

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

I purchased my trooper a bit more than a month ago. My daughter named it "cherrie", reasons unknown to me. It had 148,000 miles on it when purchased. The truck is in very exceptional condition to be a 1995. Luckily, when I test drove it, my boyfriend found, a membership card of the previous owner. Although, I sometimes over-research things, I thought I would attempt to contact for more information.

Thank God for the internet!

My bf spoke with the husband of the owner. He explained it was a wedding gift from her parents. The truck had been serviced above and beyond recommendations. The timing belt had been changed and about a month before letting it go, they had shocks, tires, etc replaced. They sent all the service records to us. I was so excited!

a bit more background.....

I, being the daughter of a mechanic....always got the hand-me-down vehicles and whatever anyone bartered with my dad to repair their newer car. Although, they were great cars, I had never had to pay for a car on my own. I have always said, I could not justify paying a car payment every month. Anyway, with kids, working fulltime and going to school fulltime, somehow I managed to save enough money to get a "newer" vehicle. (My other car is a 1988 Honda Accord with 295,000) I cant seem to part with it.

Putting this type of money into a car for most people is not a big deal. My nerves were a wreck. I did my research and had to trust my decision. I had a binder with each vehicle that fitted my needs and wallet. I had the carfax reports, reviews and the on-line advertisment. When I saw Cherrie, I knew she was MINE without a doubt. I didnt even flitch when I handed over the 3200 to the saleman. I smile everytime I climb into the driver seat. My bf tells me everyday how jealous he is...hehehe and how much he likes my truck too. I give up the drivers seat to him, every once in a while.

UPDATE 2 Parts

My boyfriend found a jack on ebay and the wheel cover/caps too. I called the dealership, the jack was like 117 without the tools and the covers 76/ea for the back and 86/ea for the front.

He got the jack for under 20 and the cover/caps (SET) 51.

All I need now is the remote!!!!!! WooHoo Oh and I just found the under-the-seat storage area this weekend. That is so cool!!!!

Reply to
deannagrady

That's awesome, what a great story. You sound like me...research to death, nervous about making the wrong decision... :-) I hope it lasts you for many many miles. Just make sure you keep checking the oil...they like to use a bit. We bought the new 2002 with the intention to run it till the wheels fall off...and we'll probably have them put back on when that happens. ;-) It has the 10yr/120k drivetrain warranty, which was a big selling point for us since we plan on keeping it. As I understand it, that warranty doesn't convey to the 2nd owner...only 6yr/60k or something like that. I guess we'll see what happens!

Glad you were able to locate the parts...didn't think to suggest the most obvious...ebay! If you're talking about the keyless entry "remote" keychain unit, you should be able to find those on ebay as well...I know I've seen them (assuming 95-02 are all the same part).

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

Well, finally I found a remote....$100 bucks later.

One day after ordering an OME remote from a dealership, I see the same remote on ebay. UGH!!!

The funny part is that the dealership had to contact Isuzu for programming instructions for the remote.

So 100 bucks and 1.5 hours at the dealership, everything is stock on my Trooper, except for the spare tire jack.

I have tried salvage yards and ebay. No luck! So again, if anyone has any other leads, please contact me. Thanks.

Reply to
deannagrady

Well, finally I found a remote....$100 bucks later.

One day after ordering an OME remote from a dealership, I see the same remote on ebay. UGH!!!

The funny part is that the dealership had to contact Isuzu for programming instructions for the remote.

So 100 bucks and 1.5 hours at the dealership, everything is stock on my Trooper, except for the spare tire jack.

I have tried salvage yards and ebay. No luck! So again, if anyone has any other leads, please contact me. Thanks.

Reply to
deannagrady

Have you tried the Planet Isuzu? I'm amazed at the information that is found there. I had a couple of small problems with my Amigo when I bought it and both were common problems with fairly easy fixes that were in their FAQ section. May not have a jack but it's still a great place!

99 Amigo
Reply to
Busman

Busman, You ROCK!

I found a link on planet Isuzu (allhyundaiisuzuparts.com) guess what, they had a jack from my trooper.

$25 to purchase and $9 to ship.

WooHoo!

Thanks!

Reply to
deannagrady

They didn't have any at the local Pick and Pull junkyard or it would have been even cheaper. PlanetIsuzu is a really great site. Be sure to check out the forums as they are full of really good info. Have fun with your jack! Andy

Reply to
Busman