1996 Isuzu Rodeo

How do I remove the center crankshaft pulley bolt. I'm trying to change timing belt.1996 Isuzu Rodeo

3.2 ltr.
Reply to
stickbirdtim

I guess I didn't give enough info at first.I'm trying to replace my timing belt, and to do so, I need to remove center crankshaft pulley bolt.I have tried 2 1/2 drive airguns with no success.I also had a breaker bar on it,and was tapping it with a sledgehammer,and I can't get it to break loose.Is there a trick to it,it isn't a left hand bolt is it.Should it be on that tight.I don't want to damage anything.It's also a automatic trans,so putting it in gear won't help.Thank You

Reply to
stickbirdtim

Not sure about the direction. Look at what direction the engine turns to determine the direction of the threads. It should tighten the bolt while running.

I have had luck in the past holding the flywheel with a screwdriver or prybar in the starter teeth on flywheel.

Edd

-=-=- ... I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniuet.

Reply to
Edd

I used an air impact wrench with a 24 MM impact socket to break mine free, it took about 8 shots with my compressor at max to break it, I have read about others using a breaker bar wedged against the ground and bumping the starter to break it free.

mckinneyhunts

Sorry for the late reply, I'm sure you have it fixed by now. Took two of us to get mine loose. One holding a chain wrench around the pully, one with an inch drive ratchet with a pipe on the end to get it loose. Basically the same thing to put it back on too to get the torque right.

If I remember correctly, it's standard thread.

Reply to
43fan