1996 Isuzu Rodeo

How do I remove the center crankshaft pulley bolt. I'm trying to change timing belt.1996 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2 ltr.

I guess I didn't give enough info at first.I'm trying to replace my timing belt, and to do so, I need to remove center crankshaft pulley bolt.I have tried 2 1/2 drive airguns with no success.I also had a breaker bar on it,and was tapping it with a sledgehammer,and I can't get it to break loose.Is there a trick to it,it isn't a left hand bolt is it.Should it be on that tight.I don't want to damage anything.It's also a automatic trans,so putting it in gear won't help.Thank You
stickbirdtim wrote:

Not sure about the direction. Look at what direction the engine turns to determine the direction of the threads. It should tighten the bolt while running.
I have had luck in the past holding the flywheel with a screwdriver or prybar in the starter teeth on flywheel.
Edd -=-=- ... I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniuet.
I used an air impact wrench with a 24 MM impact socket to break mine free, it took about 8 shots with my compressor at max to break it, I have read about others using a breaker bar wedged against the ground and bumping the starter to break it free.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?ft3

Sorry for the late reply, I'm sure you have it fixed by now. Took two of us to get mine loose. One holding a chain wrench around the pully, one with an inch drive ratchet with a pipe on the end to get it loose. Basically the same thing to put it back on too to get the torque right.
If I remember correctly, it's standard thread.