1996 Isuzu Rodeo with 6cyl No speedometer

Hello,

I have a problem where my speedometer quit working and then the check engine light came on. I took it to a place to have the engine scoped and they told me it was an error code 24 but thats all they could tell me with their scope. They cleared the check engine light but the speedometer still does not work. The engine light obviously comes back on because that doesn't work.

Their best guess was something like a speedometer sensor or sending unit they called it which doesn't sound right. Said it would be around $500 to replace the part.

Can someone help me with this. I've seen where the speedometer sensor can be purchased for about $50 but don't know where it would even go.

Thanks.

Reply to
newsqlman

I don't recall the name of the part. I think it's a speedometer gear. Check the side of our tranny. There is a cable that runs into the tranny from the speedo. There is a small plastic/nylon gear that is attached. It looks like a tough job but it isn't. When you disconnect that part, there is an assembly in there that you simply replace. It ain't no $500. I think the part is less than $20. Your time, less than 1 hour.

Reply to
DollarBill