1996 Rodeo Keyless Instructions

Hi Everyone,
I have a 1996 Rodeo S model that I just gave to my son to drive for his 18th birthday. I already have one functional keyless entry remote but
bought another (used) one as a backup. The problem is I can figure out how to program it to work with the this car. I found one set of instructions for a 1998 Rodeo model but they they didn't seem to work.
Any help would be appreciated.