1997 Isuzu Trooper

4WD Isuzu Trooper makes a loud clicking sound when locked in 4WD turning left or right. Seems to be coming from the right front side. Maybe it needs a new CV axle on that side. What do you think?
Reply to
ysone

They all do that Sir! LOL.

It is probably the free wheel hubs. If they are well worn then sometimes one will not disengage until it warms up and this really will give you the willies because it makes a loud crunching sound.

There is probably nothing wrong and the clicking is nothing to worry about. OTOH it could be a driveshaft. My philosophy is to maintain well but to fix little unless it is broke.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Try taking the hub apart and add new grease. It worked for me. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Erik-Jan Geniets

Thanks for the input. Disassembly this weekend. I'll post on what I find.

Reply to
ysone

Well, after disassembly of the right front, I found out that it is the cv axle assembly. A new one took care of the problem. Thanks for all of the help

Reply to
ysone