1997 Isuzu Trooper

4WD Isuzu Trooper makes a loud clicking sound when locked in 4WD turning left or right. Seems to be coming from the right front side. Maybe it needs a new CV axle on that side. What do you think?

turning
it
They all do that Sir! LOL.
It is probably the free wheel hubs. If they are well worn then sometimes one will not disengage until it warms up and this really will give you the willies because it makes a loud crunching sound.
There is probably nothing wrong and the clicking is nothing to worry about. OTOH it could be a driveshaft. My philosophy is to maintain well but to fix little unless it is broke.
Huw
Huw wrote:

Try taking the hub apart and add new grease. It worked for me. Kind regards, Erik-Jan. http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper
Thanks for the input. Disassembly this weekend. I'll post on what I find.
Well, after disassembly of the right front, I found out that it is the cv axle assembly. A new one took care of the problem. Thanks for all of the help