1998 Isuzu Trooper

Hi - I want to add an antenna to my Trooper thru the roof. I'll need to remove the headliner. Has anyone done this? I have the service manual which is less than detailed.
I think there are certain portions of the headliner that are attached with adhesive or adhesive tape built into it. I think this is along the front edge at the windshield. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give on this subject. Regards.