1999 Honda Passport

I bought a 99 Passport(Isuzu Rodeo) with 75K on it. I am noticing a slight hesitation that seems to be drivetrain related. It is almost like something is engaging and disengaging at the very end of a stop and very beginning of moving. The best way to describe it is like there is a bowling ball rolling back an forth in a box. There is no audible clunk, it is just

something you can feel slightly. The transmission is not slipping. I actually had it checked out at a local auto shop, they gave it clear marks and I asked them to pay attention to the transmission.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Also, I am noticing what I think is wheel bounce after hitting a bump. I am guessing that is a shock absorber issue.

One final question, is there any easy way to tell if the timing chain has been changed?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Leisuresuite Larry

Sounds like your slip joint needs to be lubed. Fairly easy to do - especially if you remember to block the wheels when you drop the driveshaft (unlike me). For more info see:

99 V6 auto Amigo did this and this was the problem. As far as the timing belt goes, I believe that it's supposed to be done at 100K so you have a while yet. Have fun with the driveshaft!Andy

Reply to
Busman