2.8 Turbo dielsel trooper

I have a 2.8 turbo dielsel trooper was running fine then just stoped i think it is a fuel problem It seems to me that the injector pump is suposed to draw fuel thought the filter but it is not doing so There are a few wires going to the pump i assume osome of them are for the engine stop Any one know at i can do to test it ? I have also drained the fule from the fuel filter and will need to bleed it out But don't know how to do that either Any suggestion much apreciated

Reply to
neil

Do not know ecactly for the 2.8. But above the filter there should be a small screw. Unscrew it and push the small hand pump (just above the screw) till fuel drains from the hole. Screw the plug back in and you're done. b.t.w. I can not imagine the fuel pump breaking down at once. This normally is a slow process. Maybe you should look for something else. Is the camshaftbelt (timing belt) still in one piece ? Good luck, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

Thanks 4 that I have now managed to bleed out the filter it seems that there is some voltage at the injector pump How can i check the cam belt I am not sure if the belt drives the camshaft or just the pump

Reply to
neil

I don't know either. Maybe you should just ask someone, with some knowledge of diesel engines, in your area to take a look at it. Good luck, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

It could be one of the cut-out solenoids on the injector pump. Look at the back of the injector pump, and underneath the pump. The rear one cuts out if there is water in the sedimentor trap, and the bottom one kicks in when the ignition switch is turned off. It might be jammed, or damaged.

Reply to
charlh