200 Rodeo

I have a 2000 Rodeo that has been a nightmare. The engine blew after one year, which Isuzu did replace under warranty. However, it was running rough before, and after the new engine, and the check engine light would come on shortly after the dealer supposedly fixed it. Dealer replaced intake gaskets several times, saying it was an Isuzu problem. It continued to run rough, with terrible gas mileage. Right after warranty expired, they decided it was my #1,3,6 spark overcoils, which they replaced for $400 out of my pocket. 35 miles later, check engine light was back on. Independent repair shop checked it and said my catalytic converters were bad and needed replacing: dealer said maybe, but I would have to pay the $1400 out of my own pocket, even though manual says 8yrs/80,000 miles on warranty. Engine still runs rough and check engine light still on. Anyone else having similar troubles with Isuzu and Rodeos? No wonder Isuzu only has a 3.5 % customer return.

Reply to
Greg Hoiem

Yes,

My 1999 Rodeo blew it's 4 cyl. engine after only 6,000 miles. I knew there was something wrong when the first time I took it for an oil change, the oil was really low. About 3 days after its first oil change, I drove it from Texas to Detroit. It only made it as far as Kentucky where the engine blew. After several months of repair (engine had to be ordered), I got the car back. The check engine light was on -- dealer had no idea why, but they gave up on it.

I then got a new vehicle from Isuzu because I was going to use the Lemon Law (I only had 6,000 miles). The new 2000 Rodeo is doing fine so far -- no major problems except the fuel sending unit went out.

JL

Reply to
John Lopez

Hi all,

Still trying to do this job. If anyone has any experience, please let me know. The Hayes manual is very vague for this engine (2.2L).

Reply to
JL