2000 Trooper creaking brake pedal

My '00 Trooper's brake pedal has started making a creaking sound every time I apply the brakes, which is kinda annoying. I've stuck my head up under
the dash to try and isolate where it's coming from but it's difficult to pinpoint. I've also sprayed (a lot of WD40) everything I can see that looks associated with the pedal assembly with no luck. I'm wondering if there's anything that could creak the other side of the firewall within the master cylinder area.
Anyone had a similar creak, and fixed it - please share
TIA

time
looks
there's
Yes - also a '00 Trooper. I tried WD40 with little success - and then something a bit thicker (motorcycle chain lubricant) which worked. The creaking hasn't come back.
Cheers Andrew Kay
Great! If you know where the creaking was coming from (and can describe it) that would be excellent Thanks!

under
master

I doubt that I know any more than you do. The lubriucant that I used was motorcycle chain lubricant which contains PTFE particles. To be honest, I just put my head under the dash - thrashed around a bit & sprayed everything in sight. It took several attempts - and I don't actually know what I sprayed to get rid of it. I just noticed one morning that it had gone.
Cheers Andrew
Just for the record, I have an '01 Trooper LS that has had the same problem for about a year. When I asked the dealer about it a year ago, they said it was the brake light switch. They didn't offer to replace it under warranty, and implied that they all do it sooner or later. For what it's worth, I still haven't been able to get rid of the squeak.
As a side-bar, the shoulder belt anchor in the door post has a similar problem. WD-40 helps for about a month, then it's back. Irritating as Hell!
Dave