2001 Isuzu rodeo Roar

I have a rodeo with 83,000 miles which had a rattle from the engine on reving. problem was traced to a bad fan clutch, unfortunately the fan bracket broke the day I bought the replacement fan clutch from autozone.
The autozone replacement fan clutch was smaller and doesn't seem like it fits like the original. It allows the fan to be further from the shroud and seems like it is noiser than the original fan. It definately seems louder than the original fan clutch. I am tempted to return the autozone fan clutch and get another as this one doesn't seem to work as stated in the literature that came with the replacement.(Stiff when cold and not noticablely stiffer when hot.)
I have replaced the water pump, timing belt and a idler pulley which was noisy. the engine runs great otherwise except for the loud roar at about 2000 rpm when shifting.
Any ideas!!?

Yes. Return the aftermarket "one size fits all" clutch to Autozone and buy one that is the correct unit from an Isuzu parts place. St Charles Isuzu comes to mind as someone who will sell you what you need for a fair price. Tell them you saw them on this newsgroup and ask them to give you a discount. Hope this helps. r/ Steve
Most Defiantly RETURN the Autozone fan clutch..first of all the one they sell is clutched in the wrong direction. that means the fan is constantly in full engaged LOTS of noise and lost GAS miles Dragging down the engine big time..If you follow your belts you will notice that the fan is going the opposite directions the arrow on you new clutch..Get the original ASAP...not much more expensive but worth its weight in GAS
Herbert Wright wrote:

Herbert Wright wrote:

is the wrong direction clutch if you check it out you will see an arrow on the clutch and then check out the way your fan is actually turning you WILL find that it is going the wrong way . the fan will always be engaged to max and rob you of alot of power and gas milage go to a isuzu dealer it cast just 5 bucks more