2001 Rodeo Fog Lights Installation Assist Question

I have a 2001 Rodeo and recently got fog lights that I purchased from
the dealer. It all includes the brackets, lights, switch, etc
....everything that I should need to just plug it all in and go. My
question is, how to take apart the dash correctly to install the switch.
I was wondering if someone had this information or knew of a website
that described this. Thanks in advance,
-Dug
The kit should have came with complete installation instructions. Ask the dealer to get them for you. Can you get to the switch location from underneath the dash?
Dug wrote:

Just did this today on my 2001 Rodeo - let me see if I can do this from memory.
Pop the hood. Then look behind the hood release lever and you will find two phillips head screws to remove. Once the screws are out pull the lever out and then turn it sideways. Remove the phillips head screw to the right of the steering column (maybe 8 inches) and down. Pull the door weather stripping loose where it is against the lower dash. Gently pull the lower dash out of its clips - you don't have to take it all the way out just loosen it. Reach in behind the dash and push out the blank switch. Find the connector in there for your new switch and push it up thru the opening where the blank was. Plug in the new switch and push it home.
Be sure to clean out the plugs that have been there all along before you plug in your new pigtails. Mine were corroded after being in the open for 4 years. A thorough cleaning and then dielectric grease were necessary before my fog lights would work. The switch would light up, the relay would click, the meter showed juice past the relay, but NO lights.