2001 Trooper radio

Hey all, I've replaced the stock radio in my 01 Trooper with a JVC. Sounds great. Problem with in-glass antennas, previous owner broke off the male
connectors mounted to the glass. Can this be fixed? Rather not drill holes in the body if I can. Also on the stock radio, there were 2 what looked like antenna lead holes, and the male plugs (harness side) look slightly different. Needless to say, the JVC only has one antenna hole. Any clues on what the second lead is about? Thanks, MMC.
I can't answer your question about the broken antenna lead...ouch...
The factory radio is a "diversity" system...meaning that it has 2 antennas (one on each side, hence the 2 antenna plugs), and the radio switches back and forth depending on which one is getting a better signal. Same technology used in any good quality wireless PA microphone. One of those antenna plugs is standard size, the other is smaller than standard (and obviously the one you won't use).
Are the antenna leads broken on both sides? If not, and it's the one tied to the normal sized plug, perhaps you could move the "normal" plug over to the other wire...
If you haven't found out the hard way yet, there's also a particular wire in the factory harness that you need to feed out 12v to in order to power the antenna amplifier. You won't get very good reception without it... The harness I bought didn't have that pin, I had to tap into the factory wiring for just that one wire.
I did the work in my 2002...but sounds like 2001 is identical.
Wesley

Thanks Wesley The PO had a businees making foam letters for business signs on buildings and in loading and unloading his stuff in a cargo area, broke both leads. I'll try fixing or getting them fixed before making holes in the vehicle. Thanks for the tip on the antenna amplifiers. MMC Wesley wrote:

Just had another thought...is there enough of anything left that you might be able to solder to it? Or to solder to the traces on the window? Isn't there something you can get to repair broken traces on window defrosters? Perhaps you could use something like that to connect a lead somehow...
Wesley