2001 Trooper transmission failure

Hello,
The transmission on my 2001 Isuzu Trooper (2WD) failed at 62,000 mi the tranny had been serviced at 30k and 55k...the dealer will cover it under warranty but there was grumbling that the fluid looked burnt.
How's this possible? I don't think my mechanic lied to me when he performed the transmission service. Is there a special procedure to change fluid on these transmissions? I think he changed it by dropping the pan, as there's no fluid drain hole on these trannies. Any help will be much appreciated.
Hello,
The transmission on my 2001 Isuzu Trooper (2WD) failed at 62,000 mi the tranny had been serviced at 30k and 55k...the dealer will cover it under warranty but there was grumbling that the fluid looked burnt. How's this possible? I don't think my mechanic lied to me when he performed the transmission service. Is there a special procedure to change fluid on these transmissions? I think he changed it by dropping the pan, as there's no fluid drain hole on these trannies. Any help will be much appreciated.
My 4 wheel drive troopers tranny went at 49k on 12/10/2004. It is still in the shop. They are covering it, but not paying for any rental cars etc...