2002 Trooper Check Transmission Light Reset??

My 2002 Trooper had the check transmission light come on at ~27,000 mi. I live 100 miles from the nearest Isuzu dealer. There seems to be nothing wrong with the transmission - smooth, no noise. Could this be a false
fault? How do you reset the check light?
Any suggestions from experienced Troops?
AG
Do you have an AutoZone near you? If so, they will read the error code for you for free. That will tell you why it is on. When was the last time you checked/changed the fluid?