2002 Trooper Lug Nut Key

I have never had to use the lug nut key until now, and of course I cant find it. We bought the vehicle new. Would you all know where it wouldve been placed at the factory?

mmitch1031 wrote:

Sometimes in the glove box or in the rear storage compartments.
That's where ours was...in the back door storage compartment if I recall correctly. Not sure if the dealer or Isuzu put it there. I moved it to the glove box so it wouldn't get lost. I think there is a paper with it too that you can send in to either order a spare or have on file with Isuzu or something...probably should get mine and do that... :-)
Wesley

"Wesley" wrote: > That's where ours was...in the back door storage compartment > if I recall > correctly. Not sure if the dealer or Isuzu put it there. I > moved it to the > glove box so it wouldn't get lost. I think there is a paper > with it too > that you can send in to either order a spare or have on file > with Isuzu or > something...probably should get mine and do that... :-) > > Wesley > >
> > > mmitch1031 wrote: > &nbsp;> > I have never had to use the lug nut key until now, > and of course I > &nbsp;> > cant find it. We bought the vehicle new. Would > you all know where > &nbsp;> > it wouldve been placed at the factory? > &nbsp;> > > > > > Sometimes in the glove box or in the rear storage > compartments.
Thanks, Ive looked in all of the storage compartments that I know of. The jack storage, and the two others in the back door. Is there another one I dont know about?
Probably a long shot, but if you don't know it's there...how about that compartment under the rear seats? Flip the seats down the flip the whole thing up (like you do to get more cargo space) then you'll find a compartment underneath. That's the only other one I can think of...
Wesley

Any luck? The dealer may have a record of the key number that went with your Trooper. I don't know if this is a factory option or a dealer-prep/import-prep item/dealer-installed feature. Mine is in the glove box.
I don't recall - does the "bucket" (behind cupholders, in center console) come out? Could it be under there?