4-wheelin'

Now that I've got my Honda up and running again, I want to be able to do some 4-wheelin' in my backyard properly. Obviously, I have a 4L and a 4H for this. Questions are when is it best to use the 4H as opposed to the 4L, and what is the real difference between the two selections?

Is there a site out there that discusses proper/safe 4-wheelin'?

Thanks in advance.

ajpdla

Reply to
ajpdla

Final drive ratio. Try it and see.

No doubt.

Stephen Bigelow

Gary J Bevans

I used to have a Trooper (a long time ago) and 4-wheeled quite a bit. My philosophy was always to use 4-hi until you get (or think you are about to get) stuck, then use 4-lo to get yourself out. Dad always told me that 4-lo only gets you stuck further out. :)

Just use your best judgement. If you're just tooling around in dirt and stuff, use 4-hi. If you're climbing steep hills, use 4-lo for the pulling power on the way up and engine braking on the way down.

HTH, Adam

Reply to
Adam Drew

Reply to