4JB1-T Diesel Trooper oil consumption

What is the typical engine oil consumption for the 4JB1-T diesel engined Trooper at motorway cruising speeds? Do people find it is noticeably more than in non-motorway driving? Thanks.

Reply to
Simon Oates

I haven't noticed any exceptional oil consumption on my 120000miles J reg Trooper. However the oil pressure when warm seems very low ( less than 12psi but normal when cold) apart from the usual valve seals, could oil be leaking from the Turbo. Not letting the engine idle for a couple of minutes after a brisk run along a motorway can lead to early failiur of the Turbo oil seals. Sorry not a great answer but again my Trooper hardly uses a drop of oil. not bad for an old girl. regards Keith

Reply to
Keith

Well be glad you don't have a Trooper with Isuzu's 4JX1 diesel: Because of leaky injectors /injector seals I get the oil sump filling with diesel. Quite exciting driving, not knowing when its going to sieze the engine or become unstoppable!

Keith wrote:

Reply to
bigdude

Reply to
News.individual.net
163000km? Not bad but it was estimated they could go to 500000km with reasonable care, thats why I got mine.. But the faulty injectors are not due to poor diligence or sparing on services on my part (soon 120000km BTW), they are due to poor workmanship, more correctly bad design. This common rail design is from Caterpillar and is more suited to tractors or graders IMHO. The mass recalls have been right around the world. I missed the 2nd recall because I took my 4x4 from Europe to Africa with me last year. Anyway, it seems Opel/Isuzu/GM is going to replace the injectors and the seals after all. Lets hope for a happy ending, I had my doubts as no spares were available in Africa, let alone injectors.

News.> My 4JX1 3l has done 163.000 because i had the common since to check my

Reply to
bigdude