4WD Amigo

I have a 2000 Amigo and when I put it in 4WD the light on the dash just blinks, and the front wheels don't lock in. Where should I start with this one?

Some more info for everyone. The transfer case works fine. The axle going from it to the front diff. spins when in 4WD, but from the front diff to the wheels doesn't spin at all. I looked at the wires by the front diff and all of them looked good. When I spun one of the wheels the other didn't spin in the opposite direction. I had it in 4WD but not in gear (I didn't have the back end jacked up). There was what looked like a vacuum hose going into the axle but when I followed it, it just went to an open tube in the engine compartment.
Does the 2000 Amigo use the same TOD system as the Trooper's?
Wesley