4X4

When driving under normal conditions, what position should the lever for

4HI and 4Low be in? Since I bought the trooper it's be in 4Low position, or does it even matter? Until you press the 4w button, I have a 99 Trooper. Looking forward to it's first climb to Santiago Peak here in Orange County.

Thanks George.

Reply to
George Tapia

Dude! Didn't your rig come with a manual? Normally, the selector should be at 2H. 4H for normal four-wheel drive, 4L if you want to climb up trees.

You will die.

Reply to
René

Reply to
Miles

I think he's talking about the dash mounted switch systems with a 2WD/4WD switch on the dash and a 4low/4high lever on the floor. Not the floor mounted 2hi/4hi/4low single lever system.

Whats the peak like?

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

That's at about 2/3rds of the way to the summit: http://171.64.169.61/.sp/37107.jpg

Reply to
René

Looks like the high country down south in Otago here.

nice view.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

Holy Jim Trailhead From Anaheim take the Freeway 55 until you get to Katella Ave where you go east. Then you need to get on Santiago Canyon Road and take go southeast to Silverado Canyon Road. Keep going straight (southeast) for another 5 miles until you get to Live Oak Canyon Road and take a left (east). After another 5 miles you take a left on Trabuco Canyon Road. You drive another 5 miles until you get to the parking lot.

4-wheel drive is recommended but not required. You can pull off anywhere to start your climb. The road is graded with washboards that are passable even with low clearance vehicles. Just go slow. It's a long drive in that never seems to end! At the parkinglot, there are two ways to go, both generally east. The left route crosses the creek immediately and goes to some private homes - this is not the right way! The right route climbs up about 20 feet before passing more homes on the south side of the creek. This is the right way. Go by these homes and you will find the trailhead about 1/4 mile up the road.

René wrote:

Reply to
George Tapia