83 P'up diesel parts please help

hello group. I have an '83 Isuzu diesel P'up 4x4. Parts for this are rare, hard to find and very expensive. For example, the dealership wants $30 for a gas cap. Ouch. Mine only has
70,000 miles and in great shape. However the alternator is half shot and it needs new glow plugs. Is there any other vehicle that has compatible parts?
thanx Dave Jr.
Hi, Dave.
I have an '83 P'up too, but mine is a 2wd LS model. I didn't know parts were getting so hard to come by. About the only thing I replace regularly is the rubber pad that goes on the brake and clutch pedals, and my dealer orders those when not in stock.
I had a friend with a shop, and he had a wrecked P'up on his lot that I occasionally got something from. I think the salvage yard may be your best bet for things like a fuel cap. You may want to check local alternator shops to see if they can rebuild yours, if you can't get a reasonable price from the dealer. There are also some online stores that claim to have parts.
Jack

I have an '82 diesel P'up, 2WD. When my alt. went last year, I got one from an online parts place. I'll see if I can dig up the address for you.
try here: http://www.vicic.com.tw/alternators/gvp7052.htm
snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com (JR) wrote:

are
has