'86 Trooper II is running!

Well got the old Trooper running. Turned out float was too low and lots of junk in gas tank pickup. Now that I'm waiting for insurance verification to
get tag, I discovered another problem.
All lights work but the headlights. Change the headlights, nothing. Checked the fuses, all working. Checked wiring(for squirrel bites), no problems. Could it be the headlight switch? It's the old pull out once for parking lights, all the way for headlights.
If anyone has any ideas, shoot me an email.
Thanks, Tony Tulsa, OK

Possibly a relay or fuseable link (these are large wire things in the fuse box)A multimeter would help