87 Trooper II Oil Pressure Gauge Goes to Zero

Help!! I am a newbie and bought a 87 Trooper II and love it, but the other day the oil pressure gauge went from 40 or so down to zero! I checked my oil and
there is plenty there, but still says zero? Is this the gauge or the sending unit sensor that is bad? Is this common, and how do I fix it?
in article snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com, jhetrick at jhetrick snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com wrote on 11/23/03 11:00 AM:

My gauges go out every so often on my 89 , bang on the console and see if they reset !!
wrote on 11/23/03 11:00 AM:

other
oil and

sending
all the gauges ,not sure if it is just one that is screwed..........Hugh