88 Isuzu Trooper 2 Stalling and now wont start

I got a 88 Isuzu trooper 2 from my dad.It ran for a while then it started sputering when u push on the gas and then stalling.

Then when u start it,and push on the gas to try to keep it running it would stall.Now it wont start at all.I replaced the filter and still nothing.When under the hood after trying to start,U dont smell any gas,I checked the fuel line and theres gas in it ?????? Im lost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- cheekss

View this thread:

Send from

cheekss

I'm having basically the same problem w/ my 87 trooper. Was it hard replacing the fuel filter? Going to replace mine.

Reply to
makaio

I'm having basically the same problem w/ my 87 trooper. Was it hard replacing the fuel filter? Going to replace mine.

Reply to
makaio

I had a similar problem with my 98 Trooper diesel, car would run for a few minutes then cut out. It was due to air in the fuel system.

It turned out to be a pin hole in the fuel pipe letting in air. In my case as it left the fuel tank. I seem to remember ( and you do this at your own risk) that because I was having problems pulling fuel through using the hand pump (because it was sucking in air in prefereence to diesel I found out later), I used a small

12V Tyre compressor attached via a fitment for blowing up airbeds to pipe for returning excess fuel to the tank to slightly pressurise the system and push fuel through the feed pipe to the fuel filter. If there is a leak a leak in the pipes you will see fuel coming out or hear air escaping.Great care needs to be taken that there is no risk of the fuel igniting especially with sparks or a hot exhaust pipe.

REMEMBER I WAS DEALING WITH DIESEL. PETROL IS MORE VOLATILE.

Reply to
David

Apologies if mty post is not relevant, I should point out that I was unable to read the original post.

David

Reply to
David