88 trooper 4cyl - alternator belt replace?????

should be simple job, replacing the alternator belt, but the cast timing mark sits right over the drive pulley, and i cant' figure out how to slip the belt under it. I 'could' remove the timing belt cover which the timing
mark is cast into, but that seems like way too much work. any hints???
cerobit wrote:

According to the maintenance manual there is nothing special to it. They make a difference though between AC and non AC set-ups. If it is a non AC I can check with my friends Trooper tomorrow. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.
http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper