88 Trooper stutters at low RPM

My 88 Trooper engine stutters (wants to stall, bucks, etc.) when you give it more than just a little gas pedal when the engine is below 2500 rpm, once
you slowly nurse it above 2500-3000 you can give it full gas pedal and everything is fine. Any ideas? I thought maybe alternater was screwing up the electronic ignition but a simple volt meter check showed a strong (couple of volts) increase on the battery while the engine is running.
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:25:27 GMT, "John Smith"

I would check for a vacuum leak.
possibly your accelerator pump on your carb has gone bad