90 Trooper

Trying to remove lower control arms and having no luck at all. Removed front pivot bolt and can't get rear out. Won't budge.Torsion bars have been removed also. Any help with this greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Dave

Any luck yet? I just removed mine as I am replacing my front axle's and I thought I could cheap out and just do one side. (Do not try this, just do both like the chilton's manual says.)

The pivot bolt that connects to the tortion bar on one side is a 27MM nut. Took a bit ass breaker bar to get it loose, we also shocked it with a hammer and some WD-40 just for good measure. I left the tortion bar gear fitting on the pivot bolt head to prevent spinning.

Good luck, it'll come loose, just keep tapping your breaker bar with a hammer.

I could email pics if you need further info.

Reply to
franklin