prospects for the eventual zoning of the Internet
My WebTV has a slot for reading a smart card!
Well, noone would ever put up with a Universal Biometric Card in the U.S.!
* Recent agreements announced by Sandia include contracts for the
issuance of national ID cards for the People's Republic of China over
* the next five years; approximately 10 million fraud-resistant alien ID
cards for the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service over
* the next three years; 5 million driving licenses for the State of
Alabama and 7.5 million for the State of New South Wales, Australia.
5 million driving licenses for the State of Alabama!!!
What did the announcement look like?
* November 7, 1996- SANDIA IMAGING SYSTEMS WINS CONTRACT TO PRODUCE
DRIVERS' LICENSES FOR STATE OF ALABAMA. Carrollton, TX (Business Wire).
Sandia Imaging Systems, a majority owned subsidiary of Lasertechnics,
* Inc.(NASDAQ:LASX), today announced that it will supply its digital card
printers to the State of Alabama as part of a major upgrade of the
* state's drivers' license program.
* Jean-Pierre Arnaudo, president and chief executive officer of Sandia,
said, "We are pleased to help Alabama in its leadership move to a
* secure, fraud-resistant motor vehicle operator card system. Sandia's
state-of-the-art printers and technology for drivers' licenses