'90 Trooper Parking brake cable

The top cable that goes into the brake handle.

How do you replace the upper end (the cable broke in the middle).

  • one of the bolts holding the assembly to the firewall is stripped ( no, I didn't do it). It means my access is limited. I can't lower the unit more than two inches, and work on it away from the firewall.

Does the pin that holds the cable end, and actuates the parking brake light, just pull out? It's tight, and I don't want to force it.

Reply to
ZenIsWhen

prospects for the eventual zoning of the Internet appear promising..."

My WebTV has a slot for reading a smart card!

Well, noone would ever put up with a Universal Biometric Card in the U.S.!

Right?

  • Recent agreements announced by Sandia include contracts for the
  • issuance of national ID cards for the People's Republic of China over
  • the next five years; approximately 10 million fraud-resistant alien ID
  • cards for the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service over
  • the next three years; 5 million driving licenses for the State of
  • Alabama and 7.5 million for the State of New South Wales, Australia.

5 million driving licenses for the State of Alabama!!!

What did the announcement look like?

  • November 7, 1996- SANDIA IMAGING SYSTEMS WINS CONTRACT TO PRODUCE
  • DRIVERS' LICENSES FOR STATE OF ALABAMA. Carrollton, TX (Business Wire).
*
  • Sandia Imaging Systems, a majority owned subsidiary of Lasertechnics,
  • Inc.(NASDAQ:LASX), today announced that it will supply its digital card
  • printers to the State of Alabama as part of a major upgrade of the
  • state's drivers' license program.
*
  • Jean-Pierre Arnaudo, president and chief executive officer of Sandia,
  • said, "We are pleased to help Alabama in its leadership move to a
  • secure, fraud-resistant motor vehicle operator card system. Sandia's
  • state-of-the-art printers and technology for drivers' licenses
Reply to
ZenIsWhen