92 isuzu trooper 3.2 L

i have a 92 isuzu trooper it wont start have spark, fuel, injector pulse and all. Timing belt is fine all marks in place. changed spark plugs it started with wide open throtle had some black & very hot smoke out of tail pipe, ran very weak put it drive it cut off and never started again please help.

Reply to
lightningoil

Lightningoil, Please insure that you are getting fuel to the injectors. I had a similar prob with and older trooper and the problem ended up being a clogged fuel filter located near to the fuel tank. Also, your nearest Auto Zone will loan you "free of charge" a fuel pump pressure tester. Please check this also. Rule out all possible fuel system related probems and if that's clear move on from there. I hope that your timing belt hasn't skipped timing or became damaged.

Sorry for your prob's. Let us know how it turned out, Lots of Luck to you,

Ern

Reply to
ek