94 Rodeo Broken Speedometer Drive Gear

I have a 94 Rodeo V6 5-speed manual that I have concluded has a broken/stripped speedometer drive gear. The speedometer and odometer do not work. When I spin the gear post in the sensor, everything
works. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to get to the gear. The is all at the rear of the tranny before the u-joint. I remove the sensor and the gear post and there is a 12mm bolt that holds a C washer in place. The C washer keeps the sensor mount from rotating. If I remove the bolt and washer then only the mount remains and I assume that the busted gear is on the other side. The mount just rotates and I do not know how to get it off.
Does anyone have suggestions or experience with this?
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface.
Articles individually moderated. Abuse/Problem? Report at