94 Trooper Cranks but won't start...

When I first got the trooper it ran fine and then all of a sudden at times when I turned the key it would do absolutley nothing and I could wait awhile
and then turn the key and it would start. Then it started loosing power and getting alot of hesitation. Now, I turn the key and it cranks but won't start up at all. I've replaced the spark plugs and air filter so far but the problem still exists (turns over but won't start). Any ideas? If there's something more I can check myself, I would rather do that instead of handing out lot's of $ that I don't really have. Thank You...
GuitarMan wrote:

Check the distributor cap and rotor. Easy cheap items to replace along with the plug wires.

Also check the fuel filter.
"reader" wrote:
> > > GuitarMan wrote: > &nbsp;>> When I first got the trooper it ran fine and then all > of a sudden at > &nbsp;>> times > &nbsp;>> when I turned the key it would do absolutley nothing > and I could wait > &nbsp;>> awhile > &nbsp;>> and then turn the key and it would start. Then it > started loosing power > &nbsp;>> and > &nbsp;>> getting alot of hesitation. Now, I turn the key and > it cranks but won't > &nbsp;>> start up at all. I've replaced the spark plugs and > air filter so far but > &nbsp;>> the > &nbsp;>> problem still exists (turns over but won't start). > Any ideas? If there's > &nbsp;>> something more I can check myself, I would rather do > that instead of > &nbsp;>> handing > &nbsp;>> out lot's of $ that I don't really have. Thank You... > &nbsp;>> > &nbsp;>> > > > > Check the distributor cap and rotor. Easy cheap items to > replace along > > with the plug wires. > > Also check the fuel filter.
check your fuel pressure and spark to. i had the same problem when i swapped motors in my isuzu.
I finally got that starting problem fixed...it was the spoon connector going to the starter and it just needed to be cleaned... it was intermittant but now it starts fine with no problems... here's my next problem (geesh!) I get bucking when driving and I have already changed the plugs, wires, etc... could this be an EGR or O2S problem? Also checked the compression and it's fine. Thanks again...

As for the bucking, I replaced the Intake Air Temperature(IAT) sensor and that cleared it up for me. I've heard that if it is not too far gone that the metal element can be cleaned with solvent. It's screwed into the manifold ahead of the MAP sensor on the SOHC. Hope this helps.