95 Rodeo Turn Signal Switch

No right turn signals and hazards all work. Bulbs and flasher is good. Looks the same as recent posts on 91 pickup. Question... On the 95 Rodeo, is the problem likely dirty contacts and are they cleanable. Do I need to pull the steering wheel? A former dealer (they're getting hard to find!) said the steering wheel didn't need to come off.

Thanks much.

Reply to
David Savage

In the interest of searchable archives....

Reply to
David Savage

I just subscribed to this group and this sounds exactly like why I was getting on here. I just bought my stepdaughter a '93 Rodeo. Makes a buzzing noise when you hit the left blinker, but right is fine and the emergency flashers work. All bulbs check out ok and the weird thing is when I put in a new flasher ( I could feel the buzzing in the flasher so I thought that might be the problem) the buzzing noise goes away, but the left blinker is still out. "Clicking" noise is very fast like a bulb is out, and no indicator light on the dash. Does this sound familiar...............? Is this the same problem.? This one is a baffler to me.

Reply to
mrbetelman

This is EXACTLY the symptoms I had with my '94 Rodeo turn signal switch, caused by pitted switch contacts...

Remove the steering wheel Remove and disassemble the switch. Smooth the contacts with emory cloth and lube them with die-electric grease, clean and lube the springs/detents and moving parts with lithium chassis grease. (lightly... more is not better here!) Reassemble switch and re-install the steering wheel.

4 easy steps! Ok... not so easy disassembling/reassembling the switch (keep real close watch for the little springs and parts that will pop out). I suppose you could buy a new switch, but it's probably expensive.

Good luck... BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh

THANK YOU....very much. This was the weirdest one I had dealt with. I just bought this for her about a month ago. Nice vehicle for a teenager, but between this and the stupid windows not rolling up/down, I was beginning to have reservations about it.

Reply to
mrbetelman

Well... it is 11 years old, remember! That's kind of old for any vehicle, IME.

I have come to consider my Rodeo as very rugged... but not the most reliable (as a Toyota or Honda, for instance). It has had it's problems. With 120K on it -- a lot of that rough off-roading -- I still find it extremely dependable and it performs in all regards just as well as brand new. That says a lot.

But I would not necessarily agree it's a great vehicle for a teenager, especialy if 4x4. I recall reading of several instances where teens have taken their vehicles out to the woods and tried to drive them exactly like they see in the commercials... completely unaware that safe off-road driving takes training and a lot of experience and frequently results in damage to body panels and suspension parts even when done right. A Rodeo is one of... if not the... best prep'd

4x4's "off the floor" but the driver still has to be ready for the task.

I suspect this is one reason my insurance quote jumped so much higher once I told the agent it was 4x4... 'OHH' he said, 'that's different.'

Reply to
BuddyWh

If you're talking electric windows, I think it's been kicked around here a few times. Just recently regarding the "regulators."

Frank

Reply to
F.H.

Reply to