95 Trooper Muffler

Hello:
I have a '95 Trooper LS SOHC 3.2 V6 that has had what sounds like a bad baffle in the muffler for a couple of years (at certain rpms it "hums" pretty loudly). When I first chacked into it, the muffler was
over $1000 at three different shops -- no aftermarket options were offered. I thought: "It's not THAT annoying."
Now the price has come down from the stratosphere, and the local shops are saying about $120 for a Dynomax. I also took a look at the cat back from Calmini. Then there's the Bosal muffler that every on-line parts shop pulls up for my year/engine. Also, since I'm at the coast a lot, I wonder if stainless might be the right call (though I think the original was stainless...).
Anybody have experience here?
Thanks, ds