96 rodeo Starter

Has anyone replace their own starter in a 96 Rodeo 3.2 V6 I know in my 98 I had to have a mech do it..And he said that one was a bear..Just wondering if the 96 5 speed is as bad???

Not sure about the Rodeo, but I've heard the starter in the Trooper's with the 3.2 v6 is a bear to replace... The 3.2 seems to take a bit of cranking to get fired up, at least that's my guess as to why they wear out. My experience with Troopers shows they wear out around 100-120k miles. How long did yours hold up?
Wesley