96 Rodeo Temperature Gauge Question

Hi,

I am noticing the temperature gauge sporadically going to the very hot range after driving for about 2 miles and then all of a sudden drops into the normal range. Any idea on why this could be happenning ? This happened twice between a 8 mile stretch while I drive to work.

Thanks.

Reply to
codefixer

Coolant level is good? Mine did this a couple of weekes ago and I found low coolant. Was happening at stop lights during stop and go driving,.While moving, temp gauge dropped to normal range. Has not re-occurred since refilling and no leakage noted. Andy

Reply to
Busman

driving,.While

Thanks for your response. My Coolant is full. Could this be a possiblity ?Until friday the engine oil level was at low(Min) and then I filled it up over the weekend. Any idea how low engine oil affects the temperature ?

Thanks.

happenning ?

Reply to
codefixer

Sticky thermostat.

Reply to
Bob M

happenning ?

It turns out to be Radiator leakage as detected by Napa Auto center. They gave me a quote for 700 bucks to replace radiator and a hose and charged 90 bucks to detect this problem. Said no thanks as I foound they were quoting invariably too high.

Reply to
codefixer

Reply to
charles bridges