96 Trooper Slow To Shift

I have a '96 Trooper, auto trans that is slow to shift when cold. Once it warms up it shifts like a charm. This is my first winter with the Trooper and once the temp dips below 40 or so, it needs to warm up
before it shifts smoothly and timely. I'm in MI so it's seen some below zero temps.
I had the trans flushed and filter changed last fall.
Thx for any insight.
Steve wrote:

The Trooper auto has a warm-up feature that won't let it select overdrive until warm, supposed to help the engine and transmission get to temp quicker.
--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)

Is that also going to affect the 1st - 2nd shift? When cold it will just stay in 1st, it easily goes to 2.5k before going to 2nd. If this is all normal behavior, then that's ok as I try and let it warm up for a few minutes before driving. That's usually enough to have it shift earlier. If it's a sign of trans issues then that's another...
Thx for the reply.