97 Trooper LTD suddenly will not go into 4H or 4L

SUBJECT: 97 Trooper LTD suddenly will not go into 4H or 4L

Before I go spend a fortune at my dealer I thought I would post here and see if ther could be a simply solution for why my Trooper will not go into 4H from 2H.

I have tried all the different methods and combinations of at rest, on the fly, parked in N, forward 5 yards then reverse 2 yards, etc. It shows not one sign of going into 4H or 4L. I have tried it on wet pavement and at rest to 5 MPH on dry pavement.

Is there possibly a fuse that could be causing this? The manual is of no help. How about a solenoid or relay??

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Flic

Reply to
Flic

I have replied to newer posting on 4WD problems. Although the 97 may be a different beast.

Reply to
Eastnews