'98 Amigo 4wd won't disengage

It's got a dash button to engage and the 4wd came on and now, I push the button and the 4wd won't go off. The light on the button goes on an off but the dash light indicator, a little I shaped thing that looks like four tires on two axles with a driveshaft between them won't go off (it's supposed to flash and then go off as the 4wd goes off) Is there a relay or solenoid or something?

Thanks CJ

Reply to
robot smiff

I have had problems with 4wd on a 98 Trooper. I wrote it up and it can be accessed at

a bad earth onthe solenoids on the front axle was another problem. David

Reply to
David

check the electric shift motor on the backof transfer case sometime water get in there and it will not work properly thats the problem what i had with my99 rodeo or vacuum shift motor on front axle you can take that off and check with hand vacuum pump

Reply to
fastdad