98 Rodeo... dead starter switch?

I pulled into work this morning and I can't turn my truck completely off. I can kill the engine but I can't turn the key any farther back in the switch, so I can't kill the interior power. I guess I'm going to
unhook the battery for a temporary solution, but is this something I can repair myself? I'm thinking that it's probably beyond my capabilities (and I've never been able to find one of those books like a Haynes manual for my truck), but there isn't a Isuzu dealer for at least 60 miles.
This problem most likely is the result of the position of the gear shifter being just slightly out of position. Try moving the gear shifter from drive to park a few times.
Before you try this, look at the drive position gauge on the dash, and see if it looks just a bit off. I bet it does.
David

Actually I've tried restarting the truck and driving around and then putting it back into park. I've also tried adjusting the tilt on the steering wheel, turning it off in neutral, turning the steering wheel as I turn the key, and last but not least... kicking the steering column... but nothing works.

back in

can
capabilities
Try www.autozone.com
You can sign up for free access to their online auto repair manuals.
Hope this helps
Gary

Thanks for the tip... but unfortunately:
The Repair Guide for your 1998 ISUZU TRUCK RODEO 2WD 6 Cylinders 03165 W 3.2L MFI DOHC is not available at this time. We're adding more repair guides every week, so check back soon
I seriously don't think anyone has made a repair manual for the 1998+ line of Rodeo's, at least if they have I can't find it.

back in

can
capabilities
Hello, Matt! You wrote:

Cylinders 03165 W

repair
1998+
completely
farther
I'm going

something I

Haynes
least 60

I purchased a repair cd rom on Ebay that covers my 99 rodeo for around $20. It is not as good as a Haynes but is better than nothing. It has wiring diagrams, troubleshootering steps, etc. It even had programming directions for the keyless remote that I also purchased on Ebay. Can you believe I purchased the remote for $11.00?
Mechster

That's a steal at $11, I'll have to check out Ebay! I actually emailed Haynes and they said that the didn't feel that enough of the 98 and above Isuzu's had been sold to merit a book. I don't know who does their research, but I'm thinking that they must have graduated at the bottom of their class.