98 Rodeo... Quick Question

I have a 1998 2wd Rodeo with the 3.2L V6 and I've been told that I need to replace the Oxygen sensors since I've hit 200000 miles and my gas mileage has dropped drastically. I got the sensors and was going to try to do the replacement myself but I needed to put the Rodeo in the shop to fix a leak anyways so I thought I'd just have them do the install. But they're trying to tell me that it isn't as simple as just replacing the sensors... they say that it needs to be put on a computer and recalibrated and then there's some other test that has to be done and end the end they say the truck will have to stay there for several days. Is all this true or am I being scammed?

Reply to
Matt

On our 98 Trooper when we had the O2 sensor replaced......they replaced the sensors and then they reset the ECU (which can be rudimentary done by disconnecting the negative battery terminal).

That was it...sounds a bit fishy to me......but, I would wait for an Isuzu tech on this one, just to make sure.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169 Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Reply to
mikl

How bad is your gas mileage? I'd like to know since my 97 2wd Rodeo (only 40K miles) drink gas like crazy. For local drive, it's about 13 miles/gallon and on freeway is about 17 miles/gallon. Should I change Oxygen sensors as in your case? BTW, how many Oxygen sensor in the system? TIA.

Reply to
sfo02sj