98 rodeo radiator fan and ecm

I need to test my radiator fan. Could some one help me with this? The connector consists of four wires, red black light blue and green. I have 12 volts comming from the upstream side of the connector to the red lead. I'd like to apply 12 volts directly to the motor and see if it starts, but i want to verify the wire colors/function. Any recomendations on the test procedure?

I am assuming the fan motor burned up. My check engine light has been on for a while and my machanic did a pinout test on the ecm. All the voltages were out of range and this corresponded to the trouble code. As a result the fan kicked on constatly, not just at certain temps so I'm sure the duty cycle of the motor was far exceeded. As for a fix to the ecm issue, my machanic suggested that I have it reflashed at the dealer. Anyone feel this would work or should I replace the ecm? Any suggestion as to where i can purchase a new ecm except for the dealer?

Reply to
dpn