98 rodeo trailer brake installation

I am trying to locate the non hot wire on the brake pedal assebly to attache the red wire from the brake controller to. Any suggestions?

Also, I am looking for the rear light wire harness to connect the converter to that converst the turn signals and brake lights into single trailer lights

Thanks, Ric snipped-for-privacy@MSN.COM

Reply to
abouttowne1

UHaul will do a great job of this for you. It's worth the cash.

Wouldnt non-hot simply be ground? Therefore you can attach the ground wire to the chassis?

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
Kaz

If it's like the trooper, there's a button switch on top of the brake pedal that you can see from underneath. When you push down on the brake, it lets the switch drop down and change the connection state. Just look for the wire coming off of it.

You should be able to get a wiring harness that will hook in easily as well as handle the conversion. The Trooper has a plug up under the rear driver's side fender...makes life easy...hopefully the Rodeo is the same. If not, you can still get a plain ole tail light converter at most any place that deals with trailers, campers, etc. Even Wal-Mart has them. But, I'd see if you can get a harness first - much easier.

Good luck!

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley