99 amigo auto locking doors

Hi, I just purchased a 99 amigo, 4x4, and had a remote start installed, they gave me two key fobs with the system and reactivated the auto lock feature that locks the doors when the vehicle is put in gear, It wont auto unlock unless I shut the car off . I want to disable this feature so I can leave the engine running while out of the vehicle, I live in a very small town, and am not worried about theft, I am worried about being locked out of the car however, (which has already happened once) Does anyone know how to disable this feature, Im still waiting for an owners manual from Isuzu. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. Ghostrider

Reply to
ghostrider

Hi, I just purchased a 99 amigo, 4x4, and had a remote start installed, they gave me two key fobs with the system and reactivated the auto lock feature that locks the doors when the vehicle is put in gear, It wont auto unlock unless I shut the car off . I want to disable this feature so I can leave the engine running while out of the vehicle, I live in a very small town, and am not worried about theft, I am worried about being locked out of the car however, (which has already happened once) Does anyone know how to disable this feature, Im still waiting for an owners manual from Isuzu. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. Ghostrider

Reply to
ghostrider

Reply to
whgk00

hey, i have a trooper, maybe it works different, but in mine if u just let it lock and then just use the i guess it would be the master unlock button near the electric windows buttons, then the doors shouldn't re-lock on you. so far its worked for me. good luck

gimp.

Reply to
whgk00

hey, i have a trooper, maybe it works different, but in mine if u just let it lock and then just use the i guess it would be the master unlock button near the electric windows buttons, then the doors shouldn't re-lock on you. so far its worked for me. good luck

gimp.

Reply to
whgk00

I bought a '98 Amigo that came with an aftermarket system that just got in my way and I removed it. I don't remember the name and have since thrown it and the manuals I downloaded from the internet away (it seemed to be a pretty common aftermarket system). Anyway, from what I remember there was a bank of dip switches on the after market unit that needed to be set.

Reply to
Ed H.