'99 Amigo Manual

I recently bought my second Amigo, a '99 4x4 with 37K. (previously owned a '94) I'm looking for a source for the OEM manual. Does anyone have any tips??

Thanks in advance,

-Jeff snipped-for-privacy@webarmstrong.com

Reply to
Jeff Armstrong via CarKB.com

Here's one

also have a 99 and had a 93 previously. Very different vehicles!Andy

Reply to
Busman

for the OEM (complete) set of printed materials including the Operator's manual that came with the Amigo when it was originally purchased.

Reply to
reader

Thanks Andy...I think that's the only one in existance:-))

Couple of questions, if you don't mind. Reviews on the 2nd Gen Amigos are kinda all over the place, but wondered in general, are you happy with it?

Also, I assume the winter/power button works in only drive, but in both 2 wd and 4 wd...do you know if that's correct??

Thanks again...glad I finally found an active Amigo board !!

-Jeff snipped-for-privacy@webarmstrong.com Holland Michigan

Reply to
Jeff Armstrong via CarKB.com

Thanks!!

Reply to
Jeff Armstrong via CarKB.com

I've noticed also that reviews are mixed. But those reviews are from magazines etc. that don't actually own them and drive them daily. In talking to owners I find almost 100% customer satisfaction. Owners really like the 2nd gen Amigos. Ours is just great. Fun vehicle with zero problems. V6 is a strong engine too. Makes the Amigo a bit of a sports car.

Jeff Armstr> Thanks Andy...I think that's the only one in existance:-))

Reply to
miles

Jeff,

99% sure that the Winter mode is 2WD only, and it will disengage when you exceed 15 mph. Not all that useful of a feature (for 4WD models anyway), even here in PA where we get snow and ice. Power mode, not sure about this one, I think it will function in 4WD. In 4WD the Amigo has plenty of power so I never thought to try the "power" switch.

Steve '99 Amigo 4WD

Reply to
Steven Finnerty

Steve, You likely already know this but I found this these two comments on the Power mode:

"Power which disables the cars overdrive and keeps the car in gear longer before shifting. This gives you better acceleration and top end power."

"ours is equipped with a "power" button on the center console. This holds the automatic transmission in lower gears until higher RPMs are achieved, resulting in faster acceleration."

Thanks for the communication!

-Jeff