"99 Rodeo

I am the orginal owner of a '99 Isuzu Rodeo...this car has been great until recently...It only has 61,000 miles on it too.
It has devolped this dieing for no reason. The tact gets down too low
when I'm either coming to a stop or turning a corner and it just quits. I should mention it's a stick shift. It's not my driving...lol
Does anyone else have this trouble?? What can it be??? It doesn't do it always, but yesterday it did it three times. And it took a few mintues to get it going again. Not fun when your in the middle of angry people on the road!
Thanks!
Cath wrote:

as though it is doing whay mine did , sticking take it off and soak the base in carb cleaner for about 30 mins or so then make sure the little plunger moves freely. another cause if this is a known fault of the intake gasket (plastic ) breking apart alowing air where it should not be getting you can find this either by listening to an idling engine for a hiss of lightly spaying carb cleaner around the base of the intake with an idling engine if it is leaking the engine will speed up or try to die if to much is sprayed

Thanks for the info! I'll have my husband check it out. I am just confused though...why isn't something like this caught with an overall check up on the car?
Cath wrote:

other times it works fine. AND most machanic, don't check everything and also don't have a clue, and love to take your money anyway. My own son is a machanic, and I have asked him questions that he can't answer, I can't either but I play and find out for myself...I found this only by accident , when my passport was acting up ,

I told my husband about waht you said and he's going to check it out. Of course, it hasn't done it again! lol That's why I've always had trouble trying to explain what it is the car is doing. They always look at me like I'm crazy...