99 Rodeo question

Is there a way to make the dashboard lights brighter with brighter bulbs that will not cause problems? Any other options? I've seen some products on eBay that use the white backing during daylight and appear
to turn the gauges brighter at night (from the add).
Is it easy to get to get into the dashboard?
Thanks Andy 99 Rodeo LS 4WD
-
Hello.
Can't remember if it was the Rodeo I was fixing, but I think it was.
Had a few lights on the dash go out.
The thing i found noteable about this was that in replacing them, they were actually clear light bulbs with a rubber gel "boot/cap" on them that was colored green.
This is what gives the dash lights the green glow.
I bet if you took off all those boots, the lights would be clear (white) shining through, which would be brighter.
It wasn't that hard to get the dashboard off (just alot of screws), but the bulbs themselves were small and screwed into the dashboard circuit board. THAT was the fun part.
HTH
John