'99 Rodeo V6 4x4 - chack Trans light

The Check Transmission light came on last night. On the drive home it was blinking. My wife is in Seattle and needs to drive home to Portland (~190 miles). Dealer indicated that if the light is blinking - don't drive it (if
the light is steady on - OK to drive it). Should I have her get it to a dealer in Seattle or attempt to drive it home? Thanks, John Noble