99 Trooper Stall and CEL

I have a 99 Trooper and began from least April, the CEL keeps coming on when the engine speed reach 3500+ rpm, and engine stalls in front of traffic lights or when I shift from P to R. I went to AutoZone a few times and got code 137 157 171 1171. Most of them are about low voltage in oxygen sensor, lean in fuel mix. I also went to dealer for 5 times. The first time they changed the intake gasket (the second change, the first time was in 2001), later they asked me to use better gas, in the most recent trip, they asked me to change fuel filter and fuel pump. I changed fuel filter and the problem was still there.

I am wondering what cause this problem (CEL and stalls). The followings are the possible reason my friends and dealers gave me:

  1. Intake Gasket.

  1. Oxygen sensor.

  2. Fuel pump.

  1. ERG valve.

  2. Something else?

My fellow Trooper fan, can you guys use your expertise and give me some suggestions? Thanks! Peter

Reply to
Peterisme

My guess is that its a Jap engineer with poor English telling you its time to SELL!

ray

Reply to
Ray Laughton

It's the intake gaskets. Their famous for leaking.

Nate

Reply to
Nate V

Reply to