Amigo AC Compressor?

Have a 99 Amigo that needs a DKV14G compressor (post 12-98 production) and found that the 98/99 Subaru Legacy uses the same model compressor but is much cheaper for some reason. Anyone know if this would work? Black Amigos are too hot in Texas without air!
Andy
Busman wrote:

Since it is dead already, remove the old unit and take it in for a match.
Vehicle is still on the road. The compressor howls when the A/C is on. It does cool somewhat but not enough to risk seizing it. The compressor itself is the same but mounts and pulley are different. May be able to change them but I think I'll keep looking for a correct one. Thanks though, Andy