Amigo - Brake wear question

I just had my PA yearly state inspection. At 78k miles I don't think it's wrong to have change the (original) rear brake pads, but why would the front
pads (also original) have 75-80% of their surface left?
Anybody else seen this sort of abnormal wear? Any thoughts on what might be causing this condition?
My vehicle is a '99 V-6 4wd Amigo auto tranny with 78,000 miles. I bought the vehicle new. I put about 24k /year on the vehicle, mostly highway miles.
Thanks for your help.
Steve
steven snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Steven Finnerty wrote:

If I understand correctly, your rear pads wore out before the front pads? That's unusual in my opinion. Perhaps the parking brake is dragging? A simple way to check is to touch the wheels after you've been driving for a while. Note the temperature difference between the front and rear wheels.